Klanghelm releases DC8C
Klangheim has announced the release of the DC8C compressor plugin.
The main goal while designing DC8C was to get a very clean compressor action without unwanted and often almost unevitable artefacts/distortion. This way you can achieve almost invisible compression for your most demanding mastering sessions, when you want to avoid coloration. If you aim for colour you can choose between two saturation models.
From opto style, peak compression, RMS compression, Feedback, Feedforward compression (and everything inbetween) to negative ratios, zero latency brickwall limiting, from snappy transient treatment to smooth transient rounding – everything is possible.
- detector network and gain reduction smoothing for extra smooth operation
- choose between two different attack and two release curves
- clean mode (100% clean compression with no intermodulation, no distortion, no aliasing)
- up to 8x oversampling
- sidechain filter with high pass & low pass filter plus tilt control, which let’s you shift the frequency response
of the detector customize the program dependency of the compressor seperately for Attack and Release
- GR-smoothing control to dertermine, how sensitive the compressor reacts to changes in the computed gain reduction, great to emulate opto style compression
- hold control for heavy pumping compression effects
- pre comp control to delay the start of the attack to leave transients completely alone or radically shape the attack
- calibration control not only to set the reference level for the meters but also for the whole signal path.
the higher the value, the softer the compression characteristics and the lower the saturation amount
- unique Feedback-Mix-Control, which lets you determine, how much of the compressor’s output is fed back into the detector. This way it is possible to morph between Feedback and Feedforward Compression topologies
- zero latency limting mode
- true zero attack (0.0 ms)
- negative ratios possible
- parallel compression, peak-compression, RMS-compression
- easy mode which features 4 different compression styles
- lots of comprehensive presets to keep you started
More information: klanghelm.com (20.00 €)
Next Post: Quantum Loops releases Disco Drums »
Previous Post: Loopmasters releases Hauswerks – A Spectrum of Haus »